This year, it’s more important than ever to celebrate our beloved holiday traditions. Of course, with so many changes, it’s the perfect time to make room for some new holiday ideas and activities. Whether you bring back an old tradition or start a new one, we hope you can reconnect with your loved ones and make new holiday memories this season.
1. Build a Christmas Eve Box
Before the children are nestled, all snug in their beds, give them a little taste of what’s to come the following morning. A popular family Christmas tradition, Christmas Eve boxes contain presents the kids can put to good use right away. Here are a few Christmas Eve Box ideas for the night before Christmas:
- Matching holiday pajamas
- A pair of socks (Find Hershey-branded ones at Hershey's Store)
- A storybook or activity book
- Popcorn, pretzels or another tasty snack
- Their favorite Hershey candy, like a REESE’S PIECES Candy Reindeer Carrot or HERSHEY’S KISSES Milk Chocolates Cane
2. Deliver a Family Gift to your Neighbor's Porch
Spread some holiday cheer in your own backyard ― or across the street ― with a holiday gift for neighbors and friends. Put together a cookie-themed gift basket complete with HERSHEY’S Chocolate baking chips and cross your fingers that they bring you some samples later. We're pretty sure no one will need a gift receipt for these door-to-door delights.
3. Organize a Cookie Exchange
Santa isn’t the only one who loves cookies. If you’re the baker on the block, whip up a few batches of holiday cookies and organize a cookie exchange with your neighbors, friends and family.Here are some tips to stay healthy while you trade your treats:
- Plan to meet outdoors like a parking lot or someone’s front yard.
- Box up the cookies into half-dozen portions so it’s easy to grab and go.
- If you’re setting out the cookies for guests to pick and choose, bring tongs or wear plastic gloves.
Not sure what to bake? Try these classic HERSHEY’S KISSES Peanut Butter Blossoms or Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms, using the new HERSHEY’S KISSES Sugar Cookie Candies. Don’t forget to bake some extras for Santa.
4. Watch Holiday Movies Under the Christmas Tree
Put on your most festive jammies and snuggle up with your family for a Christmas movie night. We know you’ve been waiting all year to watch them again!
But what’s a movie night without the snacks? Pop some popcorn while you set up the ingredients for a Dessert Decorating Station or Hot Chocolate Bar where each family member can customize a chocolatey creation.
5. Tour Your Town's Holiday Lights
There’s something about outdoor holiday decor that unwraps everyone’s creative spirit. It’s free to hop in the car and marvel at the colorful light displays around town.
Before you go, pack a few snacks and pour some of HERSHEY’S “Perfectly Chocolate” Hot Cocoa in your mug to keep you warm.
6. Host a Virtual Holiday Party
Wherever you celebrate this year, you can still connect and enjoy the season with one another. Here are some sweet ideas to inspire your virtual holiday party:
Dress like your favorite holiday movie character or compete to see who can dress the most festive.
No matter the distance, you can still watch your loved ones unwrap their presents. Try a traditional name exchange and ship the gift in advance or get silly with a White elephant gift exchange. When you include some HERSHEY’S Chocolate as part of the present, it’ll sweeten the deal for someone to steal.